You can buy azuki beans at most Asian markets as well as some health food stores and whole foods.
1 cup of red beans
4 cups of water
Brown Rice Syrup
1. Wash beans throughly and combine one cup of beans with four cups of water and soak them over night.
2. After they have been soaked, drain the dirty water and add new fresh water (4 cups).
3. In a pot cook over medium heat and be sure to skip all of the scum and particles that float to the top (the better job you do the better the beans will taste.)
4. After the scum stops forming, drain the water again.
5. Place beans back in the pot and add four cups of water and cook over low heat for about 1.5 hours or until beans are tender and you are able to mash them.
5. Add sweetener according to your liking but be sure to add on a little bit at a time or beans will harden.
6. Remove from heat and let cool.